Citi just increased the sign-up bonus on its Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard to 75k AA miles. The normal offer is 60k miles. This offer is not yet reflected in my affiliate link, but you can go to this direct link. This limited-time offer expires on July 13, 2022.
Details on Offer
- Spend $3500 in the first four months to get 75k AA miles
- Annual fee of $99 is waived the first year
- 2X miles on AA purchases
- 2X miles at restaurants and gas stations
- Free checked baggage for you and four traveling companions
- Preferred boarding on AA flights
Note: American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® account in the past 48 months. This is important! If you’ve had this card before, check on the date of your bonus.
There is also a different offer that combines a statement credit plus miles.
- Get $400 of statement credits on AA purchases within the first 6 months
- Get 30k AA miles after spending $1500 in the first three months
I was Approved!
Earlier the week, I applied for the Citi Premier (great offer!) but was denied. But today, I was approved for this card! My approval included a temporary card number to use until my card arrives. I’ve had this card twice in the past, but it’s been more than 48 months since I’ve received a bonus.
I live near an AA hub, and I’ve had good luck using AA miles for domestic flights. AA Web Special awards also come in handy.
H/T: Miles to Memories