News and notes from around the interweb:
- Watch Atlanta baseball live from your hotel room
- Boy George slams British Airways for making passengers wait while Victoria Beckham deplaned. What he’s saying, then, is that BA sucks up only to Ms. Beckham – they’re not a true Karma Chameleon currying favor with everyone.
Myself and @britishairways are back in love. Now I know it costs 6,000 to get off the plane before everyone else. Also, my current remit is to be more friendly, human and have more patience. Lol! Wish me luck. I also forgot to say how lovely my flight was!
— Boy George (@BoyGeorge) June 16, 2022
- ‘There you go, bringing class into it again’ Flight attendants union head Sara Nelson, unable to secure the presidency of the AFL-CIO, offers that her basic mode of thinking is – at root – Marxist:
What I said is that we won’t beat the capitalists in Washington until we’ve beaten them in the workplace.⁰If we only see ourselves as a political organization then we’re allowing the owner class to divide us further. Claim our power as the working class.
— Sara Nelson (@FlyingWithSara) June 19, 2022
- Alaska Airlines squatting on gates at Dallas – Love Field
- Turkish Airlines may place an order for 30 Airbus A220s
- Wear your seat belts, people – wear your seat belts!
The flight attendants on my Delta flight about to land in Atlanta crouching on the floor as we go through serious turbulence. They both almost hit the roof as we went through a bad patch a few minutes ago. Scary. #atlwx pic.twitter.com/ENNYsmZScA
— David Clinch (@DavidClinchNews) June 17, 2022