News and notes from around the interweb:
- Expedia awarded its CEO $296 million in compensation (Skift) The board’s compensation committee chair? Chelsea Clinton.
- New pedestrian tunnels at Chicago O’Hare
- Southwest Airlines pilot’s family joins him on board for his last flight.
— Adam Houchens (@wdebayou) June 28, 2022
- I’m just going to leave this one here, watch to the end.
When you are 93 and need to practice your dancing for your Grandsons wedding 🕺🏻💃🏽United employees are here to assist ❤️✈️❤️ #BeingUnited #GoodLeadsTheWay @KCIAirport @GBieloszabski @DJKinzelman #ConnectingToWhatMattersMost pic.twitter.com/t8xptYB87I
— Donise Mitchell (@MitchellDonise) June 28, 2022
- JetBlue employee charged with taking $1 million in kickbacks from aircraft parts suppliers
Over a number of years, the fraud is alleged to have become bigger and bigger and included a second company based in Florida. In the end, the airline may have spent more than $10 million on aircraft spare parts at hugely inflated prices while Nunez and a co-conspirator received substantial kickbacks.
“As alleged, the defendants were at the helm of a corrupt scheme to defraud an airline by diverting contracts to vendors in exchange for more than $1 million in kickbacks,” commented United States Attorney Breon Peace.