News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why is flying such a nightmare right now? Brian Sumers on Josh Barro’s podcast.
- Awards on Brazil’s Gol can now be booked at aa.com
- Guests were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday at Sandals Emerald Bay resort in the Bahamas
- This is stupid. By the way Disney’s board gave the company’s CEO a new long-term contract doubling down on his “vision.”
While I know that the Kaiburr Crystal [on the Disney Wish cruise ship] is an actual drink (or maybe three?), I wasn’t able to use any Jedi skills to learn what the drinks actually contain — though I was told they are “amazing.”
What I did learn is that the [$5000] cocktail is “not just a drink.” A Hyperspace bartender told me emphatically and excitedly that it is an experience. A wild (and expensive) experience.
I heard something about codes or puzzles involved to open the box the drink is served in. I spotted what might be the magical drink box in the corner — and even saw Disney Imagineers testing the box with some smoke the day before, while the bar was still closed.
- Man who tried to strip off clothes on a plane faces 20 years in prison (HT: Paul H)
- Going for their FAA STC.