News and notes from around the interweb:
- At the event last fall where Hyatt’s co-brand business card was announced, they started with some mindfulness folding in their partnership with Headspace. I was the notable person who didn’t close my eyes and meditate, though a couple of folks who didn’t fully participate noticed this. I’m also not much for Miraval and cleansing this-and-that. So I pass along I believed the hype and did mindfulness meditation for dumb reasons– now I’m trying to reverse the damage.
- 10,000 free points for joining Emirates Business Rewards
- Remember before the pandemic when Delta was investing in its coach product, with hot towels, welcome drinks, and amenity kits along with coursed meals?
Hey @Delta are you proud to be serving this as your lunch for a 7 hour flight? This might be the most pathetic excuse for a turkey sandwich I’ve ever seen. Feel like I’m at fyre fest! pic.twitter.com/cevi78fu5E
— Wendy (@zwendler) June 30, 2022
- Faster to go to the airport for reservations assistance than wait on hold (Business Insider, HT: Paul H)
- If you just had a Hilton free night certificate expire, call and ask to have it reinstated and extended. You may need to hang up, call back.
- British Airways doesn’t allow women to list their title as Dr. when making bookings I’m surprised BA’s IT systems have the capability of differentiating title and gender to begin with, actually.
Apparently “Dr” and “woman” do not match on British airways. Looking forward to their reply. pic.twitter.com/dAqW4RGx7S
— Jewel Kling MD MPH (@DrJewelKling) June 30, 2022
- Marriott accidentally extended some Suite Night Awards set to expire June 30, 2022. Those are being proactively expired. Honestly you’d think they’d let members keep them. Many of us aren’t able to use them anyway.
We have learned that a limited number of Suite Night Awards in member accounts that were scheduled to expire yesterday, June 30, 2022, were extended through December 31, 2022. We have begun the process of updating the accounts of members who may have been affected and expiring these Suite Night Awards as planned. As we have previously shared, we are unable to extend Suite Night Awards any further. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.