News and notes from around the interweb:
- Transatlantic roundtrips on Lufthansa from just 55,000 miles roundtrip this month’s “mileage bargains” using Miles & More miles.
- Richard Branson could help build a new Ukranian Antonov An-225 Mriya (NYT)
— Ukrainian Memes Forces (@uamemesforces) March 4, 2022
- Back in March 2020 American Airlines wouldn’t allow flight attendants to wear face masks because they violated uniform standards, potentially would make customers feel uncomfortable, and because the CDC said masks weren’t necessary. I highlighted the issue, and a few days later the airline relented.
But even in May 2020 they refused to let flight attendants wear face shields even threatening a crewmember who did. They relented in July 2020 Now the flight attendant who went public about the threats against her for wearing a face shield feels legally harassed by the airline.
- Japan Airlines now offers peanut-free meals
- A customer complains that United served them bread two days after its expiration date but I’d say they’re just a bunch of pikers compared to American.