News and notes from around the interweb:
- Swiss opens their entire first class cabin to partner redemptions on the fifth freedom São Paulo – Buenos Aires route. It’s only a 1000 mile flight, but Swiss doesn’t let partners (or even Miles & More members without elite status) book first class awards.
- Stunned by UFOs, ‘exasperated’ fighter pilots get little help from Pentagon
- In general people misunderstand the use cases for crypto and the blockchain. Many consultants sell blockchain as a ‘shiny thing’ that old folks in loyalty don’t understand but think they need to get smart about, when it’s inopposite for their businesses and blockchain transaction costs are still too high. But for airBaltic which wants their new currency to be freely bought and sold a transparent transaction ledger could make sense.
- Hijinx Hotel challenge rooms (HT: Paul H)
- Guests sue after being recorded in a VRBO
- ‘Only two kinds of bags, carry on and lost’
So you think travel can't get worse? Behold Montreal/YUL airport BAG DROP. Not the baggage hall. People are being told to tag their bag and leave it here and "hope for the best". They are not sure when they can accept bags again. #TravelPatiently pic.twitter.com/jDhoYrZxzL
— Paul Andersen (@pandersen) July 5, 2022