News and notes from around the interweb:
- Great lookback at TWA 800 as the anniversary approaches
- United and Delta have been vying for Cape Town flying rights. The U.S. government secured more flying rights, and split them between the two carriers
- The American Airlines flight attendant trainee who was snitched on and fired is now a United Airlines flight attendant.
- Pilots have career options these days.
Whoa! Startup Connect Airlines is offering up to 30 pilots $250,000 — that's quarter of a million dollars — to come fly for them.
This is the airline that will connect Toronto Billy Bishop with nearby cities with Dash 8-400s. A partnership with American is in the works. pic.twitter.com/egUyMYnnRa
— Edward Russell (@ByERussell) July 14, 2022
- “[T]he song “LA International Airport” climbed to No. 9 on the U.S. country music chart and No. 54 on the pop chart”