News and notes from around the interweb:
- Eerie abandoned passenger plane sits on floor of Red Sea (HT: Paul H)
- Delta is buying back some of the $9 billion they borrowed against the future income of the SkyMiles program
- Weirdest encounters with airport security
- Inside United’s exclusive Global Services lounge at London Heathrow
- Emirates, the largest Airbus A380 customer by a wide margin, effectively killed the program by pulling the plug on anticipated additional orders. However the airline’s President still wants Airbus to build a bigger plane than the A350. But a lot of orders go to the 787 because airlines find the A350 too big, it’s not clear larger is what the rest of the market is demanding.
- All it takes is one!
@SouthwestAir many came, all but one passed. Cheers to one of your employees who took the initiative to pick up a stranded bag! I’d like to buy this guy a beer! pic.twitter.com/oRaBFWEytQ
— Barnoff (@Barnoff) July 19, 2022