News and notes from around the interweb:
- TIL: Hertz charges $25 to provide a copy of a receipt that is over 6 months old. They don’t keep older rental receipts in their billing system, and must access and search another system manually.
This seems insane. I ought to be able to pull up receipts in my online account. If they aren’t going to store a full history, then at least a couple of years?
Believe it or not this issue seems related to Hertz’s problem with filing false police reports and sending customers to jail – a backwards IT system that doesn’t properly track its vehicle fleet or customer receipts.
- The Frontier Airlines experience.
Via @jimmyfallon on @FlyFrontier:
"They call this the vegetable aisle at @kroger experience. First time a flights been delayed because of bad weather inside the plane. And yet, somehow the chicken was still dry." pic.twitter.com/5g0p6Xknz0
— Ross Feinstein (@RossFeinstein) August 2, 2022
- Russian wants Spaniards to emigrate and pitches the idea (in English, with English subtitles) of ‘beautiful women, cheap gas, and no cancel culture’ plus a sanctions-resistant economy.
Time to move to Russia 🤍💙❤️ pic.twitter.com/4CZL1Nt4Gi
— Rusia en España (@EmbajadaRusaES) July 29, 2022
- GHA Discovery double elite night credits through September 20 registration required
- Honeymooners billed $410 for 2 drinks and a dozen oysters on Mykonos DK Oyster Bar is known by some as a famous tourist scam.