News and notes from around the interweb:
- Park Hyatt Maldives new 9600 square foot Reef Residence I’ve much enjoyed my 6 visits to the property but don’t imagine I’d ever score an upgrade to this room.
- “Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said Wednesday that it is investigating claims that turbans belonging to Sikh migrants were removed and discarded by Border Patrol agents at the southern border”
- Hilton gets taxpayer subsidies not to move its headquarters out of Northern Virginia
- Search for “what is the koh lanta of croatia?” and you’ll see how Google SEO techniques and fear of regulators is destroying the internet
- 2 Black Muslims accuse Alaska Airlines of kicking them off flight for texting and talking in Arabic Flying While Muslim is certainly a thing, though this time it wasn’t just another passenger who mistook a math professor’s symbols for Arabic.
- Country singer Jimmie Allen missed a concert. Here he explains how American Airlines could have routed around weather.
This is so dumb @AmericanAir pic.twitter.com/qi6zGctHLl
— Jimmie Allen (@JimmieAllen) August 5, 2022
I had no idea passports were made like that. I'm assuming they print 3 at a time then cut them? https://t.co/6f7pDWLDAx
— iflyplaces (@iflyplaces) August 5, 2022