News and notes from around the interweb:
- Emirates lost the ability to book JetBlue Mint awards early in the summer and now the Emirates-JetBlue partnership is ending entirely October 30.
- The airline industry officially will not consider Newark a New York City area airport.
NYC will not include EWRCC @WandrMe @AirlineFlyer @crankyflier pic.twitter.com/phhehWQpKJ
— CH (@tdh18ny) September 7, 2022
- Margaritaville at Sea offering free cruises from Florida for veterans, teachers
- Not bad for give years of revenue growth, five years ago.
Bankrate worked their playbook and 4Xed The Points Guy’s revenue in one year.
Fast forward a few years and The Points Guy was making over $60M in revenue!
Remember, this is only one of the many sites they acquired…
— mattschnuck (@mattschnuck) September 6, 2022
- Austin’s airport was shut down Wednesday morning due to a power outage, and the airport’s backup generators didn’t kick in.
New: We're learning more about why generators didn't fire up right after the power outage at @AUStinAirport."Because this power failure was so large and impacted the entire airport campus, the generators had to be manually turned on…" AUS said in part.Credit: Jeffrey Odolski pic.twitter.com/O8JwpST5mD
— Ricky (@RickyG_TV) September 7, 2022
- NY mask mandate lifted on subway and public transportation Did even New Yorkers realize it was still in effect since it was basically ignored by riders and there wasn’t any enforcement?