News and notes from around the interweb:
- Saudi Arabia’s new airline attempting to rival Emirates wants to lure Etihad’s CEO which is an odd choice because Etihad hired Tony Douglas precisely to dismantle the kind of thing Saudi Arabia is trying to build.
- Oops! Twenty years ago my United Airlines club lounge access was via Mexicana status matches to their Frecuenta Gold… I loved that upgrades were confirmed with an actual telephone request within 7 days of travel, out of discounted business class ‘D’ inventory.
Welcome to White Plains, Breeze A220 pic.twitter.com/6RRwSXd52M
— Ethan Klapper (@ethanklapper) September 8, 2022
- The 2020 Airline Bailouts Were Unnecessary And Failed To Accomplish Their Promised Objectives
- Wyndham and Hampton Inn Porta-Potty Peeper Accused Of Peeping In More Bathrooms After Parole (HT: Ken A)
- United adds free wifi for T-Mobile customers but bear in mind most of their plans still have barely functional wifi, though they’re working on this…
- The travel life of Queen Elizabeth II. The late Prince Philip once remarked that air travel can be quite nice “provided you don’t travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly.”
I’ll never understand why Queen Elizabeth didn’t relinquish her crown earlier so that she could see her son become king. By the way does anyone actually want Charles to be king?