News and notes from around the interweb:
- Pan Am’s First Passenger Jet to Europe (1958)
- Royal Air Maroc gave me 2022 free miles for my birthday. I status matched to them for American Airlines Flagship lounge access prior to earning ConciergeKey which gets me that access anyway.
We wanted to share this very special day with you and offer you 2022 bonus miles.
Enjoy it! Book your flight now and fly to the destination of your dreams.
Happy birthday from the entire Royal Air Maroc team.
- Things that make you go hmmm: Hyatt has both the Alila and an Alua hotel brands.
- American Airlines takes flight with analytics transformation
- What’s grosser than gross?
This is gross @AmericanAir pic.twitter.com/LcrzWr7exD
— Eric Steen (@esteen11) September 11, 2022
- Airlines should do better than this regardless, but the median customer wonders (generally erroneously) that if this is what maintenance looks like on the stuff they can see…
@AmericanAir I understand weather delays (over 4hrs DTW to ORD, Flt 4199) but also maintenance issues. Both lavatories out of service & overhead compartment taped up and labeled “Inoperative.” Like a third world airline. #AA #Fail #travelfails pic.twitter.com/YumtmRi1Ja
— Kevin Farris (@Wolvrne88) September 12, 2022
- Ryanair keeps posting their own L’s.
— Ryanair (@Ryanair) September 12, 2022
- The first time I ever tried a Biscoff cookie was more than a quarter century ago on a Westair-operated United Express flight. Numerous airlines have served them. Yet Delta has really branded themselves with Biscoff.
When I start my church, I’m serving those Delta cookies at communion
— Michael Harriot (@michaelharriot) September 12, 2022
The idea for a communion wafer though dates back 30 years to the pilot episode of one of the greatest sitcoms that lasted only a single season, early Tea Leoni getting lost in the days of Fox first going mainstream alongside shows like In Living Color.