News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virgin Atlantic joins SkyTeam and I’m having a hard time getting excited, they’re already in a joint venture with Delta, Air France, and KLM. This does provide incremental elite benefits and redemption opportunities with other SkyTeam airlines like Aeromexico, China Airlines, and Vietnam Airlines.
- Nine years after US Airways took over American Airlines, the legacy US fleet of 48 Airbus A320s remains a basket of deplorables. Truly shocking – most are old America West planes, and many from the late 90s.
@AmericanAir This is First class?? Yikes! pic.twitter.com/hDjC9hwUhO
— Jeanne Fecteau (@jacracsammom) September 25, 2022
- Emotional support animals, still a thing despite a ‘crackdown’.
@AmericanAir this size animal needs no ticket or seat? But my 5 pound chihuahua costs how much to travel with me on board UNDER MY SEAT? pic.twitter.com/Pm4AdgmwBM
— Kathleen Gerbert (@KathleenGerbert) September 25, 2022
- Do you ‘touch the base’ before heading off to do anything else in the airport too?
— Orwell & Goode (@OrwellNGoode) September 25, 2022
- “Sing like no one is listening, love like you never been hurt, dance like no one is watching and live like it is heaven on earth.”
@SouthwestAir Y’all Are the Goats!!!! pic.twitter.com/Ix3T74KC8a
— The DeAndre McNeal (@DeAndreMcNeal3) September 26, 2022
- New dessert in United Airlines long haul economy