News and notes from around the interweb:
- IHG Platinum Fast Track 5 nights and status through 2023
- U.S. funneling passengers from Uganda into 5 airports for Ebola screening
- Fairness where it’s due, we don’t just see seats like this on American…
Shout out to @detla for this wonderful experience on a 6 hour flight 😐 pic.twitter.com/Qw8kBOma56
— David Lo Pan (@itsbeebytheway) October 6, 2022
- You’ve got Moxy, kid.
I would totally go out of my way to stay at hotels that actually offered good desk chairs and advertised that fact.
— Mike Masnick (@mmasnick) October 4, 2022
- Whatever your views of the Pennsylvania Senate race, attacking a candidate for the opulence of American Airlines domestic first class is absurd. I argued Biden administration Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen should fly first class and I see no reason why Dr. Oz should sit in back, either.
Here's Dr. Oz this morning on his way to California 🌴 (in first class of course), where he's headed to beg billionaire$ for more money
Meanwhile, I spent the morning with hard-working union members in Beaver County.
I'd choose them over Oz's rich buddies any day of the week. pic.twitter.com/MqYC5fU4xO
— John Fetterman (@JohnFetterman) October 6, 2022
- Given Hong Kong’s turn towards China, and its resulting Covid policies, it makes sense that Cathay Pacific is one of the few airlines still extending elite status. No one could really go anywhere (or return) without draconian consequences.