American Express Member Week starts today (it runs through Friday) and the flight deals teased last week are now live. Deals with airlines like Etihad, Qatar, Airways, Finnair, and Delta are all available but be aware that some airlines are only offering deals for some of Amex’s higher-end cards.
- Air France (Platinum & Centurion cardholders only)
- Air New Zealand
- Alaska Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- KLM (Platinum & Centurion cardholders only)
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic (Platinum & Centurion cardholders only)
- Member week fares are valid on bookings made between 10 and 14 October 2022
- Member week fares are only available through AmexTravel.com
- Member Fares can only be purchased by using an eligible American Express Card.
- The eligible Card Member must be one of the travelers on the booking.
- Offers, booking and travel dates vary by participating airlines on select routes.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Airline fare rules and restrictions as well as ticket terms and conditions apply and are subject to change at the discretion of the airline.
- Fares are not guaranteed until ticketed.
- Tickets are subject to applicable government-imposed taxes/fees and airline-imposed fees; if baggage, seat-selection or similar items were not included with the tickets, additional fees may apply.
- Member Week fares are not combinable with other offers unless otherwise specified.
- Unused eTicket Flight Credits may not be redeemed towards a Member Week fare.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Changes to tickets (if permitted) may incur an airline-imposed change fee, and/or any difference in fare.
- Cancellations of tickets (if permitted) may incur an airline-imposed cancellation fee.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the relevant Memberweek page.
Who can book Amex Member Week fares?
Any U.S. American Express Card Member is eligible to book select domestic and international flights labeled as Member Week fares across the following airlines: Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Qantas, and Qatar Airways.
Holders of a Platinum Card or Centurion card (Personal and Business included) also have exclusive access to Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM, and Virgin Atlantic discounts but only on select international routes for First, Business or Premium Economy tickets.
Finding and booking the fares
You need to be logged in to search for the Member Week fares and because Amex hasn’t (apparently) published a list of valid routes or a list of blackout dates for any of the participating airlines, you just have to search for dates that work for you and hope to find a Member Week discount being offered.
When your search results are presented, not all of the results will represent Member Week deals but you can remove all the non-discounted fares by using the Member Week filter which you should see to the left of the results.
Look out for fares that looks a bit like these ones:
If a search result doesn’t have a “Member Week” banner then it isn’t a promotional fare and keep in mind that some of your search results may not have any Member Week fares at all.
American Express is running its Member Week promotions from today through to the end of Friday and while this week’s promotions cover a range of interest areas, the ones that are probably going to be most relevant to TFM readers are the flight deals which are now live on the Amex Travel page.