News and notes from around the interweb:
- Flight simulator game where you simulate… being a passenger (HT: Paul H) Oddly enough it’s not the first game where you sit in an airplane seat for six hours, no really, that’s the game. There’s Plane Food Simulator where you try to eat food on a plane.
- Cruise ship passengers quarantined due to Covid outbreak are we doing this again?
- The first Chase Sapphire lounge opened in Hong Kong today
- American Express / Escape lounge at Fort Lauderdale’s terminal 3 between E and F concourses is now open. It’s over 5000 square feet with food from from Chef Laurent Tourondel (“DUNE by LT”)
Seasonal menu featuring iconic dishes from Chef Laurent Tourondel, from the acclaimed restaurant DUNE by LT, such as a French Toast Royal topped with pineapple confit, milk crumble and rum raisin cream and a Mediterranean twist on a chopped salad
…VIP area and conference room available for reservation
…Children activity packs, including Escape Lounge’s Kids Crew puzzles and more
…Showers with premium bath products
- Weird, only Alaska Airlines offers lounge access to (paid and award, but not upgrade) domestic first class passengers.
How about honoring your signs at @HartsfieldATL We are flying first class but were turned away at lounge. pic.twitter.com/WlODpXWkaF
— Christina Dukeman (@cdukeman) October 25, 2022
- American Express sues actor Armie Hammer over $67,000 unpaid bill