News and notes from around the interweb:
- Texas Tech football team held a practice on the tarmac during an 8 hour weather delay enroute to a game at TCU. (HT: Paul H)
- Surprisingly accurate.
A map of every European City pic.twitter.com/eMk7268dE3
— Terrible Maps (@TerribleMaps) November 4, 2022
- Parts from the AN-225 Mriya are being auctioned to help support Ukraine
- Sri Lanka drops plans to sell oneworld carrier SriLankan Airlines piecemeal
- New Uber-Avios partnership in the UK includes 250 free points for registering
- Don’t ever stand in line waiting for a hotel room from an airline, and don’t stand in line hoping there’ll be a room when everyone else from your flight is waiting too. If you can, consider taking matters into your own hands, making your own booking – and submitting for reimbursement to your card company.
Hey @AmericanAir the hotel you gave me a voucher for was fully booked. I only found out after being in line for 45 minutes. I paid out of pocket to go to the hotel next door. How do I get reimbursed? pic.twitter.com/ONON1VhemW
— Al Bondiga (@Gooner_Lopez) November 7, 2022
- Woman shows up late for an Emirates flight. Hijinks ensue.
WATCH: #BNNMexico Reports.
A female passenger attacked Emirates airline personnel at the Mexico City International Airport (AICM). The passenger had allegedly missed her flight to Qatar and was in an inebriated state. #Mexico #Crime pic.twitter.com/ZgQxURPAqv
— Gurbaksh Singh Chahal (@gchahal) November 4, 2022