News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chase is running a 40% bonus on transfers to Marriott through December 20, 2022. Please do not do this, it represents terrible value. Marriott points are worth about 60 basis points. Transferring 1:1.4 gets you about $0.0084 in value per Chase point.
There are limited edge cases where this can work out – some Marriott hotels where you’ll get meaningfully better value for your points, or topping off an account to redeem a high value reward (rather than transferring all of the points you need to redeem an award).
- Qatar Airways is offering a bonus for converting points into their program 20% for converting up to 30,000 points and 30% when you convert into 30,000 points or more. That’s useful for Citibank ThankYou Rewards members. Over the summer they ran a similar 40% bonus.
- American Airlines is a Texas-based company, after all.
I found out the real purpose of this feature @AmericanAir — it’s for my taco from @tacobell ☺️ Thanks, Yall. pic.twitter.com/5dHS9Gc1XI
— Heather (@heatherdinosaur) November 1, 2022
- The Australian government is doing Qantas’ bidding at the expense of its international travelers, Akbar Al Baker is not wrong…
- Closer Look at the Design of Virgin’s New Retreat Suite