News and notes from around the interweb:
- Skift Editor-at-Large Brian Sumers has a new free aviation newsletter “The Airline Observer” – self-recommending.
- Lufthansa Miles & More Mastercard has an 80,000 mile offer getting Lufthansa miles in the U.S. is tough otherwise, with the end of miles transfers which may be illegal under German law. And Lufthansa’s miles can be decent value with better availability on their own flights for premium cabin travel. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Apartments By Marriott Bonvoy because Marriott doesn’t have enough brands. It seems like serviced apartments which may earn points and be available for redemption, not exactly randoms on their homesharing booking site but also a soft brand so not necessarily a consistent product either. Wait and see!
- United brings back kids meals to 2000+ mile flights though nothing like the old Happy Meals.
- Ritz-Carlton apartment listed for $39 million