News and notes from around the interweb:
- Barclays adds transfer partners for its no longer available Arrival+ weird flex but ok.
- The new Orchard at Doha airport, reminiscent of Singapore Changi.
Now: I’m at the exclusive opening of #TheOrchard ✈️🌿the new airport expansion area of Doha’s Hamad Intl Airport, one of the largest hubs in the Middle East. It’s a tropical garden in the departures area (airside) & open from today for passengers flying from/transiting via HIA 🌿 pic.twitter.com/U4sOtCABwN
— Alex Macheras (@AlexInAir) November 10, 2022
- That time when American Airlines considered a proactive maintenance program for seat power, but rejected the idea due to cost.
@AmericanAir So much for working plane outlets. Lol pic.twitter.com/hCTz7l87MS
— NYC Folks (@NYCFolks) November 9, 2022
- 21 year old stole a Maryland commuter train car and crashed it
- Hotels replacing swimming pools with monetizable event space (Skift) but in the long run isn’t this a drag on room rate?
- United restoring hot towel service to premium trascon and long haul business class, shocking they hadn’t already done this, American even offers it in domestic first.
- American Airlines Tulsa maintenance facility tour.