News and notes from around the interweb:
- A week ago I flagged a new aviation newsletter from Brian Sumers. He now has an interview with Air France KLM Flying Blue about their secret top tier elite status level, why they love working with U.S. credit cards as a transfer partner, and the logic of those 700,000 mile one way awards.
- Police bodycam footage of what it’s like to be a Hertz rental car customer.
- Capital One planning new lounge in Las Vegas near the Centurion club.
- American Airlines flight attendants did informational picketing on Tuesday but didn’t seem to make clear points.
- Indulgences are “heaven’s frequent flyer program”
- TSA actually catches something knife concealed inside a laptop.
- Airline customer service twitter scams.
Latest scam uses @_airfrance, which has 2 followers compared with actual @airfrance which has 403k. Reported.
— Simon Calder (@SimonCalder) November 16, 2022