News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airline CEOs go on business shows saying they see no sign of a pullback in travel, recession fears aren’t affecting their business. But even divorcee’ millionaire social media style influencers are cutting back on their travel spend in this economy. (HT: Paul H)
- Scientist Brian Cox couldn’t check in because actor Brian Cox was also staying at the hotel
- It looks like Thai Airways may be eliminating first class the first class lounge and spa in Bangkok remains closed, while the airline is still selling the cabin but just to London and Tokyo.
- The strategy behind Ryanair’s garbage posts on social media (HT: Paddle Your Own Kanoo)
- It was an inflight wedding, but on Frontier Airlines so not even ‘the big front seat’ for the joyful couple.
- Marriott Lifetime Titanium luggage tags, pretty nice. (HT: Leonard)