I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available — instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
Bilt Rewards is offering the first-even 100% transfer bonus with a partner that normally has a 1:1 ratio, at least the first that I’m aware of in twenty years. Here’s the closest I’ve seen:
- Every year up until 2004 Diners Club used to offer a 100% bonus on transfers to British Airways, but since their base earning rate was 2 points per dollar, it normally took 2 points to transfer to 1 British Airways mile.
- Citi had 100% bonuses on transfers to Hilton when Honors was a partner, but that wasn’t a 1:1 transfer ratio to start with. Similarly Capital One ran 100% to Emirates, back before base transfers were 1:1.
- In 2008 Delta accidentally ran a 150% bonus on partner activity, which included Membership Rewards transfers, but then shut that down quickly (but did honor it).
For December 1, 2022 only – “Rent Day” – Bilt is offering a 100% bonus on transfers to IHG One Rewards, so you get 2 IHG points for each Bilt point transferred. Points must be transferred in a single transaction to take advantage of the bonus.
My advice? Don’t do it. You likely get around a little over a penny apiece in value this way, but Bilt points are too valuable to take that deal. Most of their other transfer partners will get you that much value or more without a bonus.
Each Bilt point can be spent at 1.25 cents apiece towards travel through their portal or transferred 1:1 into:
- Star Alliance: Air Canada Aeroplan, Turkish Miles & Smiles, United Airlines MileagePlus
- oneworld: American AAdvantage, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus
- SkyTeam: Air France KLM Flying Blue
- Non-alliance: Emirates Skywards, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, Aer Lingus Aer Club
- Hotels: Hyatt, IHG One Rewards
The Bilt Mastercard is the no annual fee card that lets you earn points paying rent at no cost (up to $50,000 per year) and earns double points on travel and triple points on dining.