News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines tells flight attendants how to make flying a positive experience for customers e.g. recognize elite status, use customer names, highlight customer milestones and special occasions.
- Thanks to Western sanctions, Aeroflot can’t stream inflight entertainment. They’re telling passengers to reflect on the devastation wrought by Putin’s war sit there silently in order to “take stock of the year” instead.
Aeroflot has told passengers to read a book or try some meditation after pulling its inflight movie and television streaming services due to Western sanctions.
Taking to its Telegram social media page, the airline suggested that rather than watching inflight entertainment, passengers could instead take “take stock of the year” and perhaps make a wish list or write plans for the new year ahead.
- Alaska Airlines elite status fast track for California-based members flying cross-country flights (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- El Al revamping Matmid frequent flyer program effective September 1
- 30% off Turkish Miles & Smiles redemptions to and from 100 cities (not including any U.S. cities) booked December 5 – 25, 2022 for travel through May 31, 2023.
- Credit cards as a legacy system