News and notes from around the interweb:
- Forget the inflight proposal, why not actually get married on board?
@SouthwestAir a wedding in the air in our flight from SJO to BWI pic.twitter.com/0uMag1Xr1g
— Di (@di_solano) December 4, 2022
- Dental implant found in a British Airways meal?
@British_Airways still waiting to hear from you regarding this dental implant we found in our food on flight BA107 from London to Dubai on Oct. 25 (we have all our teeth: it's not ours). This is appalling. I also can't get through to anyone from your call center. pic.twitter.com/Iwqd3mOylt
— Ghada (@ghadaelhoss) December 4, 2022
- Is there any non-cynical take on this from hotel industry lobbyists? Maybe what was once an April Fool’s joke is about to become real?
- Details matter!
However, Version 2’s winglet logo has only been placed on the interior of the winglet compared to Version 1 being placed on both the inside and outside. pic.twitter.com/W2292MIoR8
— Ishrion Aviation (@IshrionA) December 5, 2022
- “Dance like no one is watching, love like you’ve never been hurt; sing like no one is listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” We should all do a little more of this, every day.
@SouthwestAir love the singing flight attendant @CHARISEMILES today! Flight ✈️ 3363 pic.twitter.com/KhjsBUKnJN
— Gas Vegas (@GasVegasBaby) December 5, 2022
- The cost of Australian air travel has more than doubled compared to pre-pandemic on many routes
Analysis of government data by the ACCC found that, in November, the cheapest economy return fares on in excess of 10 routes were more than double what they were back in 2019, before the pandemic. Since the cost of a return flight:
- from Melbourne to Perth increased by 146 per cent, from $439 to $1078
- Adelaide to the Gold Coast was up from $374 to $958
- a round trip from Uluru to Sydney more than tripled, from $249 to $829.