News and notes from around the interweb:
- Free Aegean Airlines Miles and Bonus miles for their 20th anniversary.
- The Omni Frisco Hotel kicked out guests with confirmed bookings in order to rent the hotel out to the Academy of Country Music Awards. Guests are being walked to another property, 10 miles away, that isn’t even open yet. If they’re going to bump these guests, they should at least be comped at the other property but ultimately be made no worse off by the change.
Here’s the hotel’s ‘explanation’ for what happened:
To provide clarification, the Academy of Country Music (ACM) had a contract to book the hotel, and somehow announced the location before the contract was finalized, creating the overbooking situation. Due to security concerns/ requirements, and with deference to the safety of the ACM performers, the hotel will not be allowed to host anyone not affiliated with the ACMs.
- One way partner saver awards over 300,000 miles. Only Delta. What a dumpster fire.
A month ago, Delta killed off the last dregs of value using SkyMiles to book partner airlines with exorbitant increases. Some routes weren't affected, sparking hope it was a glitch.
Nope. Looking like the airline went back to finish the job. https://t.co/vWDfX0zLZE cc @garyleff pic.twitter.com/H0M2JYEgoS
— Kyle Potter (@kpottermn) December 6, 2022
- TSA argues they should be immune from suit if a screener rapes a passenger at an airport checkpoint that’s an actual legal position, not hyperbole.
- 250 free Qantas points for linking your account with Accor by December 15
- It’s usually crew, but here a Southwest passenger breaks out in song:
POV 12/3/22–I was singing to myself while waiting to board the plane. The passenger in front of me mentioned me to the crew member, who asked me to sing in the air! I was given the opportunity to spread holiday cheer. Happy #holidays to @SouthwestAir Flight 1724! #Christmas #DMV pic.twitter.com/1gJn4iWyb6
— Kedrick (@ked_live) December 6, 2022
- American Airlines trip credits can now be redeemed when ticketing in-person:
- Amex CEO says Platinum Card annual fee could go up again if they can keep adding benefits, noting that they charge $1000 in the Mexico market.