News and notes from around the interweb:
- 63 year old woman with alzheimer’s went missing in Miami for two days after getting off a flight the family blames American Airlines “because it was in the system that she had Alzheimer’s” but I have to wonder about a family sending a woman with alzheimer’s on a flight to Miami all by herself?
- 27 passengers flee plane after pregnant woman allegedly fakes labor to force emergency landing in Spain (HT: Jonathan W)
- There’s now a consumer anti-trust case against the American Airlines-JetBlue alliance basically leveraging the DOJ briefs and suing for private profit.
- Necker Island awards are available again, now 1.7 million Virgin miles Last year I stayed on Richard Branson’s neighboring Moskito Island. You can see Necker from Moskito.
Necker Island As Seen From Moskito Island
- Relatedly, American Express Membership Rewards has a 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic through December 29. There are several sweet spots besides just booking Delta business class awards.
- Royal Caribbean takes a page from hotels, cutting back on housekeeping (HT: H.G.)