News and notes from around the interweb:
- Capital One is sponsoring Taylor Swift’s tour. It looks like that only came to fruition because Sam Bankman-Fried terminated negotiations to have FTX as main sponsor, because he and Caroline Ellison broke up and she’s a huge Taylor Swift fan? There’s a credit card angle to everything.
- Conspiracy theory: did President Nixon order a United flight blown up 50 years ago to silence a potential Watergate witness? I tend to think it was coincidence that the woman was on the flight, and not an intentional act. (HT: @crucker)
- Dress coded at Disney. This one doesn’t seem so bad to me tbh.
@jordyngraime Disney doesn’t like backs I guess…. #epcot #disneyworld #disney #dresscode #fyp #foryoupage @jessiedipasquale ♬ Castaways – The Backyardigans
- Amtrak should stop being stupid
Amtrak released their new vision for passenger rail expansion in the United States, and I don’t really know what to say except that it sucks. They’re proposing incremental expansion of a national network of slow, infrequent trains that I guess will serve the needs of weirdos and hobbyists who want to ride a train from Birmingham to Shreveport or from Athens to Fort Wayne via Columbus but serves no particular transportation purpose.
- Southwest is running more than one pricing system at the same time and that may cause some surprises.