News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hyatt has temporarily doubled the number of points you can purchase from 55,000 to 110,000
- Unusual and genius hotel amenities
- Trying to replace small regional aircraft with battery powered planes. There are also hybrid aircraft being developed.
- Comcast – whose reputation was so bad they started calling themselves Xfinity – will start charging customers more who autopay using a credit card. The ‘autopay discount’ drops for credit card users:
- It should be far easier to come to the U.S., and far easier to come here to stay.
The bureaucracy feedback loop, green card edition:
1) overcomplicate the process 2) “we don’t have enough staff or resources!”3) get more $$, grow4) goto 1
Breaking this feedback loop is one of the great problems of our age. https://t.co/w3UjowrDSD
— Nabeel (@nabeelqu) December 20, 2022
- Using Accor hotels Suite Night Upgrades
- After record 787 order, United claims to be the U.S. ‘de facto flag carrier’