News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta, United, American, Alaska and JetBlue share in a $1.5 billion government freight contract but yeah no government subsidies for U.S. airlines.
- Bankrupt state carrier Garuda Indonesia gets government bailout.
- This usually only happens on Southwest.
@united flight 1983 MSY – DEN today December 21, 2022 this happen pic.twitter.com/skV1AR3evv
— 🧨Quennell Mitchell 📍 (@quennelmitchell) December 22, 2022
- Now this is the Southwest I know.
I feel like we always see videos of bad things that happen on airplanes, but this is the most wholesome flight I’ve ever been on! During a delay, we sang Christmas carols to pass the time. What a great way to spend a late night flight, thanks @SouthwestAir !! pic.twitter.com/Y7M0tYmLmY
— Sab ❤️ (@sabryngaming) December 22, 2022
- Joseph of Nazareth has had it with Hotels.com (McSweeneys)
- Mexico has been planning to re-launch Mexicana, to be run by the military their President now says he’s in talks with Boeing over aircraft for the carrier.