News and notes from around the interweb:
- A United passenger abandoned a puppy brought to the U.S. from China, lacking the correct paperwork. A pilot adopted the dog and named it Polaris. (HT: Tommy L)
- UK border force walks out, passengers still processed without a wait maybe the bureaucrats aren’t so indispensable after all?
- The American-JetBlue partnership continues to spur competition in the Northeast. Yet the trial has concluded in the government’s effort to block it.
I suppose this is just another move with American/JetBlue VS Delta in the Northeast.
AA serves BOS-SDF/MEM/ILM and recently announced it would increase BOS-SDF.
Delta was supposed to launch BOS-MEM pre-COVID, then 2022 (but removed), and now plans to launch it in 2023. pic.twitter.com/WYMB3iAIDC
— Ishrion Aviation (@IshrionA) December 24, 2022
- In which Mesa Airlines CEO Jonathan Ornstein tells American Airlines Vice Chairman Derek Kerr to stuff himself.
.@MesaAirlines Chairman and CEO Jonathan Ornstein on @YahooFinance responding to @AmericanAir CFO Derek Kerr's statement last weekend. pic.twitter.com/339SCZb3gf
— Ross Feinstein (@RossFeinstein) December 25, 2022
- Not quite in the league of Munich airport’s lip sync to Come Away With Me by the Donots, but sadly all copies of that have been removed due to licensing issues. So I’ll take it:
🎵Oh, I wanna dance with somebody…🎶We're excited for the opening of @wannadancemovie #IWannaDanceMovie filmed in part at Worcester Regional Airport. It was an honor for us to have #NaomiAckie and other cast + crew on our airport. Thanks @pzdance for this special performance. pic.twitter.com/D5Lcb5gCw0
— Worcester Airport (@FlyWorcester) December 21, 2022
- Remember when Delta wouldn’t cancel main line flights for months at a time?
So @Delta y’all literally delayed our flight for four hours just to cancel it. And this is my second flight being cancelled getting to Chicago. This is no acceptable…. And i am not ok. pic.twitter.com/vuYzEer4U9
— JEREMIAH HUNNUS (@HUNNUSSS) December 24, 2022