News and notes from around the interweb:
- Four ex Turkish Airlines Airbus A340s disappear to … Iran
- Another day in Miami.
View this post on Instagram
- The Southwest Flight That Actually Took Off Had To Turn Around When Passengers Got Into Flight. (HT: Jonathan W)
An altercation severe enough to result in a mid-Pacific turn-around occurred on Tuesday evening. Southwest said that the flight returned to Honolulu due to “customer behavior.” We’re awaiting additional details. The flight is being planned again for Wednesday.
…[Southwest flight 2050] departed the gate two hours late from Honolulu this afternoon, at 4:31 PM, and the 737 MAX 8 took to the air at 4:55 PM and headed for Oakland. After flying only about one-third of the way to California, the plane returned to land again in Honolulu. At 8:36 PM, the wheels touched back down at HNL. It isn’t clear whether anyone was arrested or what else may have transpired.
- A softball interview with Southwest’s CEO from earlier this month
- It’s important to know when to cut your losses.
Shout out to the dude in this airport lounge who opened a book, read five or six pages, sighed, closed the book, stood up, walked a few steps, and dropped it right into the trash can.
— caleb smith (@calebsmith203) December 27, 2022
- Americans have become much more likely to move to Mexico than Canada.
Americans often claim they will move to Canada when things get too bad politically (or otherwise).
Americans are far more likely to move to Mexico.
Another fascinating analysis from @andrewvandam https://t.co/qYyo6nQFj4 pic.twitter.com/8S6nShKGkV
— Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) December 27, 2022