News and notes from around the interweb:
- The people running the airline are not, in fact, the archetypal customers of the airline to be fair.
This might be a fun time to remind everyone that when I worked on the Spirit Airlines IPO in 2011 in banking, the management team refused to fly Spirit. They flew @Delta for the roadshow.
— Ellen DaSilva (@ellenjdasilva) December 28, 2022
- Changi Airport offering free 3-hour pass to the Changi Lounge in Jewel
- Can Southwest regain passengers’ trust? and what the Southwest meltdown means for airline policy.
- United gets ten percent share of Mesa in five-year deal
- Random houses in Riverview Gardens are the new Southwest Airlines baggage storage overflow. (Airtags for the win, again.)
Hey @SouthwestAir, please tell me you’re guarding the stranded luggage. Bc I’m tracking my kid’s car seat and today it moved from the STL airport to a random house in Riverview Gardens… 😕
— Megan Cassidy (@meganrcassidy) December 28, 2022
- The Choreography on the Ground That Puts Meals in the Sky (NYT)