News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Express Membership Rewards is offering a 20% bonus on transfers to Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles through January 31, 2023. They offered this same bonus twice last year (in previous years they offered as much as 25%). I used one of last year’s offers to confirm upgrades on my Austin – Honolulu flight. That’s one of the few decent value propositions in the HawaiianMiles program.
- I know people care that the value of Chase’s Pay Yourself Back has been slashed, with Reserve cards generally getting 1.25 cents apiece in eligible categories and Preferred down to just a penny. But I was never able to bring myself to use points this way anyway, transfers to miles and points have always gotten me more value than this and continue to do so, so it wasn’t something I’d ever do. Still, worth knowing.
- Emirates absolutely gutted the value of Skywards, but it gets even worse, they’ve ratched up fuel surcharges on transatlantic routes 10x. I guess Emirates doesn’t want a frequent flyer program anymore, or U.S. credit card points transfers (they partner with all the big currencies). Meanwhile Dubai is eliminating its tax on alcohol sales.
- New Miles & More Mileage Bargains 55,000 mile business class roundtrips to Europe.
- Couple takes nearly $600 rideshare from St. Louis to Omaha after flight issues
- Caption this.
View this post on Instagram
- Someone has been leaving explicit photos around Disney resorts