News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bamboo Airways status match offer
- 100% Aeroplan bonus on Air Canada flights booked by January 10 for travel January 13 – December 15, 2023.
- 1923 prediction about 2023:
Flights from Chicago to Hamburg will only take 18 hours pic.twitter.com/Ln7CrvTZ7K
— Paul Fairie (@paulisci) January 1, 2023
- The infrastructure behind ATMs
- Airbnb guest takes revenge after a bad stay.
- Canada’s WestJet outsources customer service to law enforcement since they were going to bump passengers heading to Florida, they proactively called the cops.
The officer had been alerted that a WestJet flight to Orlando had been overbooked and dozens of customers were about to lose their seats. The officer summoned the other police officers patrolling Halifax Stanfield International Airport to come to the departure gate.
HRP also requested back-up from RCMP in Lower Sackville, according to an airport spokesperson. All told, five police officers and three airport security officers showed up because airport staff were worried about how passengers would react.
- Frontier Airlines giving free flights in exchange for adopting cats
Meet the newest additions to our kitten nursery! Spirit’s name used to be Southwest, but due to recent events, our marketing team requested we change it. #SouthwestAirlines pic.twitter.com/UddeeWm1wN
— Animal Foundation (@animalfndlv) December 27, 2022