News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott doing elite status soft landings, will not drop any member who didn’t requalify by more than one level.
- The passenger is getting dragged off a flight, no law enforcement involved – just a flight attendant Shero. Much NSFW language from the passenger, natch.
@skytleed #skytleed #plane#fly#pilot ♬ original sound – skytlee
- The problem is there’s no direct way to hold U.S. Customs accountable.
Customs agents @cbp @Dulles_Airport are saying there is *1* agent working arrivals now. This is crazy. We are an hour in and not moving. How is this possible?! @garyleff @OneMileataTime pic.twitter.com/Pegl1lXmEI
— Alex Stevens (@AlxStevens) January 3, 2023
- NASA is replacing a 50 year old DC-8 with a 20-year old ex-Japan Airlines Boeing 777
- Have sympathy for those Southwest Airlines employees they’ve been through a lot.
Day in the life working at Southwest Airlinespic.twitter.com/RlMKHzS6NV
— Dan Toomey (@dhtoomey) January 3, 2023
- Boom is still promoting this “non-refundable deposit.” This is not a firm order. American might have $1000 at risk. It might be $1… ‘receipt of which is hereby acknowledged.’
View this post on Instagram
- Actor claims London Heathrow staff couldn’t understand how he could afford first class, because he’s Indian. I’m skeptical.
I replied with a proud smile “because we are Indians” after I overheard the Heathrow staff wonderingly asking his mate”how can they afford 1st class?”
— satish shah🇮🇳 (@sats45) January 2, 2023