News and notes from around the interweb:
- Get $100 for referring customers to GoPuff, who also get $100 plus all the free GoPuff credits for Chase cardmembers.
- The best pizza in New York, from eight years of study
Starting in 2014, I logged every slice of pizza I ate in New York City on the Instagram account NYC Slice. The results shown below are collected from 464 slices. Over an eight-year period the average price of a plain slice increased from $2.52 to $3.00. This calculation excludes dollar slices.
The most expensive was a $6.53 pepperoni slice at Artichoke Basille’s Pizza’s Times Square location, and it was fine. I did not rate the slices to avoid controversy and bribes. The biggest thing I have noticed is the decline in the amount of sauce put on slices. I’m sure this is a cost-saving measure, but the overall quality of your average slice in the city has definitely suffered. However, in no particular order, these are some of the better slices in the city.
- Russian flight makes emergency landing when rear door opens during flight (HT: Paul H)
- British Airways appears to finally be planning to start updating seats in its Boeing 787s to offer suites in business class.
- Life is different in other places. The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife sought to crowdsource species sightings with an online form. Someone reported a cougar. And in the description.. your mom. (HT: @crucker)
Whoever filled out a cougar sighting report and wrote "your mother" under the description drop your @ we just want to talk
— Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation (@OKWildlifeDept) January 9, 2023
- Family flaunts toddler in first class
- Guest Flips Out And Drives Car Into Hotel Lobby