News and notes from around the interweb:
- I complain occasionally about passengers with bare feet on planes – going to the lavatory even! – but I’ve never seen this before.
No shoes – on the flight attendant!…I’m currently on AA 1186 from LGA to DFW, and the flight attendant working first class (an older gentleman, very pleasant) is working in stocking feet! As filthy as the aircraft floors are, particularly around the galley and the lav, I’m amazed that a f/a would go shoeless – not to mention how it looks.
- This doesn’t seem possible? Also, I wouldn’t design a system this way.
— Visvge (@Sicclord1) January 12, 2023
- Goldman Sachs has lost over $1 billion on the Apple credit card
- Delta permits fast food chicken in your carry on, but no tamales.
No era lo que esperaba, pero me parece un trato justo @Delta 😅 pic.twitter.com/v2JGKCOZUY
— La Mara Dice (@LaMaraDice) January 13, 2023
- The first comment here is “My wife and I took a trip to Paris. Our most expensive meal of the trip was at JFK.”
- The story of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, ubiquitous in airports.
In 1975, a mother in rural Pennsylvania lost her child in a fluke farming accident.
The tragedy sparked a series of events that eventually resulted in the most iconic pretzel brand in the world.
Here's how Anne Beiler turned suffering into success (and built Auntie Anne's): pic.twitter.com/gC2DKNJ4or
— The Wolf of Franchises 🍟 (@franchisewolf) January 15, 2023