News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 free miles for joining Delta SkyMiles which oh by the way is necessary to get free wifi on their flights. (HT: Eye of the Flyer)
- Always such a nice touch when there’s time.
Held my breath as the captain of my flight out of MSP came over the PA at the gate. Turns out, he was just saying thanks. I’ve never seen that before. You’ve got a good one, @united pic.twitter.com/wrxVCzbFzy
— Carmen Vitali (@CarmieV) January 16, 2023
- Underdiscussed is that you don’t really want the hotel that the airline will provide you free most of the time after a long delay or cancel, if you can avoid it.
@AmericanAir please do not use, suggest or book passengers in the #Clarion in Charlotte when flights get canceled. It's a filthy dump. pic.twitter.com/EDEp8VMJpr
— GR Foodie Blog (@GRFoodieChick) January 17, 2023
- Passengers associate the quality of maintenance of the aircraft with how interiors are cared for. This isn’t right but it is certainly both common and understandable.
@AmericanAir can you provide assurance that you take better care of your engines than you do of your passenger compartment? Why did you do with all that government money and ridiculous prices you charge now? #notimpressed #idontfeelsafe pic.twitter.com/TXCEA46eJx
— John Schmidt (@JohnSch57688037) January 16, 2023
- During a ride to the airport, woman asked Uber driver to turn the radio down. He refused to continue the trip and drove her home instead. She missed her flight.
@marleville Terrible Uber driver! #uber #quietrider #stranded #worstuber ♬ original sound – marleville
@marleville Worst Uber ride I’ve ever had! #uber #quietride #angrydriver #loudmusic ♬ original sound – marleville
- Somehow I missed that there’s going to be a joint co-brand card between British Airways and Qatar Airways in India, with cardmembers deciding whose Avios they want to earn. Interesting development, along the lines of the first Star Alliance credit card in Australia.
Both BA and Qatar have meaningful presences in India but not clearly enough for a really attractive cobrand on their own. This combines customer bases, but also potentially is too muddied a value proposition?