News and notes from around the interweb:
- Inside the new Chase Sapphire lounge Hong Kong.
- Las Vegas gets its first cannabis-friendly hotel
- I really hope that this was an isolated incident and not something that’s going to become a thing. I was seated in the aisle and crew were right next to me having this discussion, mostly instructing the first class flight attendant not to work so hard.
Good times. Flight attendant on my @AmericanAir flight instructs her colleagues, "it's work to rule, we're not doing anything extra for the company. Contract negotiations."
— gary leff (@garyleff) January 19, 2023
- Rundown of expansion plans for the Austin airport I’d note that I’ve heard for some time that plans for the new American Airlines Admirals Club announced in fall 2021 are on hold, and the location of the club will be changing, with the Terminal West Expansion and Infill (which may provide two new lounge location options).
Austin almost got a Centurion Studio lounge. It would seem there will be plenty of spaces where a Centurion, The Club, or Plaza Premium lounge might go in the future… if the city council doesn’t screw it up again.
- Delta Air Lines Is Promoting New Inflight Food & Drinks, And It Sounds.. Disgusting? Espresso martinis in a can and plant-based cheesesteak, has Delta’s food and beverage team lost their mind? I know these canned cocktails are ‘a thing’ but you can at least be offended about the cheesesteak.
- Once the Trump Hotel DC rebranded as a Waldorf Astoria, Republican and lobbyist spending there dried up who’d have thought?